Disclaimer: I received a FREE copy of this product through the HOMESCHOOL REVIEW CREW in exchange for my honest review. I was not required to write a positive review nor was I compensated in any other way.
Pack your bags and get ready for a trip around the world with Let's Go Geography. Members of the Crew were have been using Let's Go Geography, Year 2 with their families, a 32 week program that takes students around the globe and introduces them to countries all over the world.
Each week’s lesson is designed to take about an hour. The downloadable PDF lessons include 5 chapters with with a variety of activities covering either a portion of the United States or country.
- Chapter 1: Map it! – locate the country on the map and learn some basic facts.
- Chapter 2: The Flag – color, cut and paste the flag into your Travel Journal – three-ring binder to keep all your geography mementos organized. Free printable covers come with your subscription.
- Chapter 3: The Music – listen and watch the music of the country with online videos – all videos are in a safe viewing mode – no YouTube adds or comments.
- Chapter 4: Let’s Explore – go sightseeing! Learn about fascinating facts about the country. From what the people do, and what they eat, to special locations to visit. Simple writing assignments give your child a chance to remember what they learned. Pictures are included for your Travel Journal.
- Chapter 5: Create! – a hands-on activity with step-by-step instructions (any supplies you need are detailed for you)
- Chapter 6: Printables – notebooking pages, flags for the classroom, coloring pages and more.
How We Used It
As Garrett and Ashleigh are a bit older than the intended age, some of the activities are a bit too young for us. We went into this reviewing knowing that, after having reviewed Year 1. However, even as a few grades higher than targeted, I knew that Let's Go Geography still offered us plenty in the way of learning about the world.
Each kid has a Geography folder with their tabs for their continents. As we complete an assignment for their country, the kids place their work behind the tab for the continent that the country is located in. Once we complete the country, the kids color the flag for that country and then place the flag on their sheet for that continent.
We've adapted Let's Go Geography Year 2 to fit into our schedule very easily by simply doing the map work and answering the questions that correspond with the map, watching the videos and reading about the country we are working on. I have the kids go a bit beyond by printing out an additional sheet that has them using the computer to research the country of the week and filling out information such as population, type of government, who the head of the country is, high and low elevation and more.. Typically, we use Let's Go Geography for 2 days and then the kids do internet research for three days.
Let's Go Geography is a great resource for helping younger grades learn about the cultures and people of the countries around the globe, helping students to learn how to quickly locate them on a map. For an older student, I still find plenty of value in using Let's Go Geography as a learning took by simply incorporating it with other activities.
For more information about Let's Go Geography, please visit their website. You can also find them on them on the following social media sites:
Post a Comment