We love movies. While we aren't able to go to the movie theater as often as we would like - sky high ticket prices and outrageous concession prices - we do love to sit in the comfort of our home with a huge bowl of communal popcorn and enjoy a bit of screen time together as a family.
For this week's list as part of the 52 Lists from Beauty full Slow, participants were asked to list their favorite movies. This is a super easy list for me!! LOL
- Top Gun - My very first love was Tom.. Not Tom Cruise but the F-14 Tomcat.. I can't tell you how many times I've watched Maverick and Goose in the past two decades.
- Silence of the Lambs - Hannibal Lecter is without any doubt the best serial killer ever and I always thought the respect/love he had for Clarice was pretty cool.
- The Last Samurai - Believe it or not, I am not a fan of Tom Cruise, so it's funny he's the main character in two of my favorites.. But I absolutely love the visuals and the story to this movie.
- Beauty and the Beast - A tale as old as time - my favorite animated classic. A Disney Princess who is smart and loves to read?? Enough said!!
- The Night the Lights Went Out in Georgia - The scene where Kristy McNichol is singing to her brother always stuck with me.. This is my all time favorite tear jerker.
- Six Pack - Another oldie but goodie.. I always wished I could have been part of that "pack" lol
- The Alamo - I love the 2004 version.. I'm a Texan, what can I say.. The scene where Billy Bob Thornton as Davy Crocket starts playing the violin in response the Mexican Army gives me chills every time.
Crockett Plays the Violin for the Mexican Army
Top Gun and Beauty and the Beast are two of my favorites too.ReplyDelete