Monday, February 1, 2016

Verse of the Week



Most people who read the Bible usually become quite familiar with the book of Psalms.. I don't know why, but I never have really read them up until recent.  I mean, I know the 23rd by heart, have probably known it by heart since I was a young child, but beyond that, I do not recall ever reading the book of Psalms..   That's not to say I haven't read choice verses out of Psalms, just that I haven't actually read the Psalms on their own just for the same of reading them. 

I was determined to change that..

So this week, I started a new study to take me through the Psalms.  I opened my Bible to the book of Psalms and started at the beginning.

Psalm 1

1 Blessed is the one
    who does not walk in step with the wicked
or stand in the way that sinners take
    or sit in the company of mockers,
2 but whose delight is in the law of the Lord,
    and who meditates on his law day and night.
3 That person is like a tree planted by streams of water,
    which yields its fruit in season
and whose leaf does not wither—
    whatever they do prospers.
4 Not so the wicked!
    They are like chaff
    that the wind blows away.
5 Therefore the wicked will not stand in the judgment,
    nor sinners in the assembly of the righteous.
6 For the Lord watches over the way of the righteous,
    but the way of the wicked leads to destruction.



Now it's your turn.  Do you have a verse that you're working on this week in your homeschool or in your life?  If so, please feel free to join our weekly linkup.  We only have a few small rules for you:

Follow Your Hosts


Counting Pinecones

ABC's and Sweet Tea






1 comment:

  1. I need to get more familiar with Psalms myself..great verse!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Disclosure

Disclosure
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...